We provide high-quality geriatric dentistry and special needs dentistry in the Maryland, Virginia area. Dr. Shroff have comprehensive training and expertise, so you can expect a comfortable and safe experience every time.
Our team has provided outstanding care for special needs patients, including geriatrics and those with diseases or disabilities, for many years. We go to Various assisted livings in Virginia and Maryland surrounding communities with a wide variety of unique needs:
- Patients who suffer from diseases such as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s.
- Patients with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, or are in treatment or recovery from cancer.
- Patients who are healthy but have had an unpleasant or even dangerous reaction to local anesthetics.
- Patients who have found that local anesthetics simply do not achieve the desired freedom from pain.
- Patients for whom the sights, sounds, or smells of a dental office trigger severe anxiety, panic, or memories of traumatic experiences.
- Patients who are unable to sit still in the chair or cooperate with treatment because of young age, a severe gag reflex, or physical/mental disabilities.
Our initial intake includes a pre-treatment consultation. Depending on the type and severity of special needs, a consultation with the patient’s physician or specialist may also be necessary.